For reference, here are some I found on the internet:
Fried Dandelion Blossoms
* new blossoms on short stems * 1 c. milk * 1/2 tsp. salt * hot cooking oil * 1 egg * 1 c. flour * pinch of pepper
1. Pick new dandelion blossoms, those on short stems, and rinse well in cool, lightly salted water. 2. Cut off the stem ends close to the flower heads, leaving only enough to hold the petals together, because the stems and greenery are bitter. 3. Roll the dandelion flowers in paper towels to blot up the excess moisture, then dip each one in a batter made of 1 egg, beaten, with 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. 4. Drop the batter-coated blossoms into deep hot fat (375 degrees) and fry until lightly browned. 5. Drain on absorbent paper; 6. Sprinkle with more salt, if needed, and serve at once as a hot hors d'oeuvre.
1. Bring chicken soup to a boil. 2. Add dandelions. 3. Cook gently. 4. Rice or fine noodles can be added (1/2 cup rice or 1 cup noodles). 5. Make tiny meat balls out of remaining ingredients. 6. When greens are tender, add meatballs and cook gently 10 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
* 1 qt. dandelion flowers * 1 qt. water * 1 tsp. lemon juice * 1 box Sure-Jell
1. Cook together for 3 minutes the flowers and water. 2. Strain and save juice. 3. Follow directions on Sure-Jell box using dandelion water. 4. Bring to a boil, then add 4 1/2 cups sugar and lemon juice.
Member of the New Hampshire Trappers Association
"Every single day I can get out there and Trap is a Precious Gift from God that I will Try to take advantage of the best I can."
Hayzer912: Anybody selling any skulls? Looking for Red/Gray Fox, Coon, Coyote Thanks!
Feb 3, 2019 8:23:42 GMT -5
cheitzman: I have a blog called howtotrapraccoon.wordpress.com If you have time check it out and if you like it please follow me on my blog. Thanks.
Feb 25, 2019 11:55:08 GMT -5
trapperjack: Anybody having problems logging into NYS Trappers website? All I get is tech difficulties displayed for last 2 weeks.
Aug 13, 2019 20:33:27 GMT -5
greenedream222: Had an awesome (first) time at the NYS Trappers Convention. So much to see, *touch* and take in. Met a lot of cool people - big THANK YOU to everyone who makes it as awesome as it is!! Very cool. Wish I could go back over tomorrow! Excited for next year!!!
Aug 30, 2019 21:37:21 GMT -5
fastmari: DOES IT HAV TO HAV BOTTOM JAW ATTACHED? I hav a local Grey skull; young, possibly female. Totally clean,& a lot of th Skeleton/legs, et But I always extract teeth4 myself. OK, so can u tell me what you require in Fox skull when you ask4 "skull" thnx
Nov 3, 2019 3:19:14 GMT -5
brooklynbeaver: Hi there, does anybody know where to upload from such printable template to stretch and dry a beaver fur ?
Nov 20, 2019 18:42:01 GMT -5
brooklynbeaver: Still looking for somebody ( mentor ?) residing and trapping 2 -2.5 hours driving distance from Brooklyn for acquaintance and a master class on a field. Brand new trapper and the pattern of success is completely unpredictable. 16 traps set and no one beave
Jan 14, 2020 18:45:57 GMT -5
kizi100: Anybody like listening to the Goose Couple?
Apr 13, 2020 2:56:32 GMT -5
herm: As long as Cuomo keeps getting on tv every day at noon and the tv stations are willing to broadcast his daily briefinthis state will never get unlocked
Apr 20, 2020 19:56:28 GMT -5
piterparker: Hello world. How are you ?
May 21, 2020 13:47:05 GMT -5
brooklynbeaver: Paw holding beaver trap modification. Have to talk and listen those experienced trappers if I did it right. My last season experience pushed me to make such modification.
Jun 8, 2020 11:24:53 GMT -5
Olde Trapper: no response available...
Aug 21, 2020 9:58:25 GMT -5
erict: Nothing surprises me during an election year!
Sept 10, 2020 7:03:21 GMT -5
edaggy: any one know of a fur buyer near delweare county NY that will buy not fleshed tanned stretched.
Mar 4, 2021 17:06:55 GMT -5